Friday, January 26, 2007

Incomprehensible

So...I just got off the phone with an old friend...and I am just dumb-struck....Here I answer the phone in a "happy to hear your voice" manner and she starts in with her week...and I feel like an utter ass!! And so i share a modest account of what has happened to her...

She works at a fairly well known company .... and she proceeds to tell me that a girl that she knew was shot and killed by her boyfriend in the parking lot of said company as she was going into work....and not just shot in the leg, or the foot, or even the arm....shot in the head multiple times and then in the chest multiple times (as if the head wasn't quite good enough to get the job done). And here is what gets me....said company just wants everyone to go back to normal like nothing ever happened! First of all that is just insane....and how rude for the dearly departed!!

So anyways...I just can't imagine this or anything like it happening to me or around me...and I wonder if I am just a little too optimistic for my own good...And I feel I should have something meaningful or enlightening to tell her in the wake of all this aftermath that lies ahead....but I don't. So my question is this....Has something of this horrendous nature ever happened to you?? Or someone you knew very well??? And how would you handle said situation if ever you find yourself in my shoes...or hers? I just can't begin to comprehend the thoughts and emotions that one might run through....it's quite unnerving....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont think I would be able to go back to work for a while. And that is what happens when you work for a big greedy company. Kinda like my job! Makes you think...